PRESENTATION OF THE PIC CONSORTIUM
French plant clusters have joined their strengths to expand their international strategy.
French clusters (Plant InterCluster consortium) : Qualiméditerranée, Terralia and VEGEPOLYS have created the Plant InterCluster network to embody the French plant skills all around the world and to set up a common strategy to facilitate the international development of the clusters and their members (companies, training & research centers).
Plant InterCluster intends to develop innovations on all plants :
Cereals, seeds, fruit &vegetables, ornamental horticulture, vine, tropical plants, medicinal & aromatic plants
Plant InterCluster gathers a wide range of skills
Plant breeding, plant & seed health, Heatlh & well being properties of plants, Preservation of fresh and processed fruits & végétables, innovating growing methods
The PIC events
Each year, the French cluster consortium for plant innovation organizes with the network an annual meeting with a specific topic. For more information, click on : EVENTS
The PIC Network
The purpose of this international network is to build strong international partnerships with clusters around those sectors: cider, cereals, fruit and vegetables, ornamental horticulture, medicinal plants, mushrooms, seeds and winegrowing.
The first actions are:
- The identification of international plant clusters worldwide (already 20 members identified in 2011)
- The organization of an annual meeting
- The organization of missions(ex : The Netherlands, Chile, Brazil, South Africa...)
The consortium's ambition is to lay down the architecture for a global network to promote:
- Exchanges of best practices in innovation governance,
- Support of technological cooperation and partnerships for innovation
- Identification of complementary international skills in order to remove technological bottlenecks
- international business opportunities (prospection and commercial values).
Signature of Clusters Cooperation Agreement :
- On June 2012 - VEGEPOLYS who signed on behalf of the PIC Consortium and the Portuguese Agrocluster Ribatejo.
- On June 2014 - VEGEPOLYS who signed on behalf of the PIC Consortium and the Cluster de Semilla, Argentina.
The purpose of this CCA is to establish a formal cooperation initiative to share information, tools and experiences betweenclusters and strengthen business, research and technological cooperation.siness, research and technological cooperation.